Thursday, December 15, 2011

Just 17 Days to a New Year!

I thought a good motto for 2012 would be "2012's to work on ourselves." And then I thought, I could blog about how I work on myself throughout the year...and maybe beyond, if I don't get bored with the whole blogging thing by February 2012.

I plan to eat as "clean" as possible (whole foods or processed as little as possible foods), work on fitness (I have a membership at the local Y that I need to use), and maybe get a little more organized. Lofty goals! But I've got a full year to do it - and a year with 366 days, at that.

I was inspired, in part, by Julie Powell. She had a popular blog and wrote a best-selling book that was made into a movie starring Meryl Streep. I can only dream of such popularity!

My original idea was to eats soups and/or salads every day for a year. But I thought I'd get tired of that notion before a week was up. My current plan is to try a few new healthful recipes and/or foods each week. I work in direct care (I work in a home with adults with developmental disabilities), and I get to help them cook some meals (I work with other staff who cook the rest of the time). A perk of the job is taking the clients out to eat, and a goal has always been to make healthful choices in restaurants - and help my clients to do likewise.

I recently picked up a copy of "Yoga Journal." I plan to incorporate yoga into my daily plan, also. Back in the late 1990's, I did yoga almost daily. I want to get back into it. It's a good lifestyle.

I guess those are enough goals for now. No need overwhelming myself (or anyone else) with more.

1 comment:

  1. As lazy as I can get at work sometimes, I would love to help you make new recipes for the ladies (and for us)! I need to work on my healthy eating as well :)

    ReplyDelete